- Customer Reviews (0)
This video is a production of the Methodtre Association, a European educational association centered in Milan, Italy dedicated to the development of human potential. This is an interview with Dr. Gerbode produced by our good friend and colleague Giovanni Crivellaro in Italy. The video will show you what Traumatic Incident Reduction is and how it works to relieve the effects of traumatic stress. Filmed in Milan, Italy and Sonoma, California. (26 minutes, NTSC-USA format only)
TIR is part of a greater subject called Metapsychology, originated by Frank A. Gerbode, M.D. His life goal has been to discover and participate in creating practical methods for developing human potential and improving the quality of life. Dr. Gerbode was involved in producing and updating material used in training facilitators in the application of Metapsychology based techniques. In 1988, Dr. Gerbode wrote Beyond Psychology: An Introduction to Metapsychology. He has subsequently written many articles and training manuals. The video features an introduction by Marian Volkman, a senior TIR trainer and Editing Committee member.
This interview answers a number of questions for the viewer:
- What is trauma and what makes an experience traumatic?
- Is trauma only physical or also psychological?
- Is there a fundamental difference between trauma from domestic violence as opposed to trauma from other events such as war, earthquakes, or accidents?
- Do traumas differ fundamentally from culture to culture or do the basic elements of trauma remain the same cross-culturally?
- Is there a difference between the effects of a single isolated trauma and that of a prolonged or repeated trauma?
- Does a trauma affect a person for his whole life or only immediately after the experience?
* Is it possible to recover the knowledge of the past that is lost when trauma occurs? If so, how?
* Why do we need to become aware in order to resolve a trauma?
* How is a chain of associations formed through trauma?
* How does Thematic TIR resolve a chain of associations?
* How does a person’s experience of time change during and after a trauma?
* What is the difference between a “patient” and a “client”?
* How does the world look from the point of view of the person?
* What is the relationship between trauma and personal growth?
Introduction to Metapsychology
Bonus Feature: TIR is part of a greater subject called Metapsychology, originated by Frank A. Gerbode, M.D. In this interview conducted by Tom Joyce, Dr. Gerbode answers fundamental questions about what defines Metapsychology and informs its processes. (17 minutes)
About Frank A. Gerbode, M.D.
* Where does the word Metapsychology come from?
* How is Metapsychology different than psychoanalysis?
* What is Viewing?
* Is Viewing Therapy?
* What are the Rules of Facilitation?
* How do you measure success (in Viewing)?
* What is the role of AMI/TIRA?
* How long is a session?
* What does a viewing session look like?